We’re looking to expand our knowledge, and are turning to you, our curious and talented users, to help us learn more — about anything!
Use our Flashcards Template to share your expertise on any topic. The community will then vote for the top three most mind-blowing flashcard decks. Each of the three winners will receive a highly coveted Grist thermos.
Visit the contest’s community thread to see entries and submit your own deck.
How to Enter Contest
Want to share your expertise and elevate your thermos experience? You have until May 26th to submit your entry in our contest’s community thread. Feel free to submit as many decks as you like. Topics can range from academic to pop culture to weird deep sea fish facts to tech, and more.
Step 1. Modify our Flashcards template.
1. Go to our Flashcards template and click on “Save a Copy” in the top right.
2. Click on the table button above any flashcard to open the table of questions and answers.
3. Replace the first column with your questions and the second with your answers. Be sure to rename the two columns, and the widget itself.
4. In the left-side panel, rename the pages you want to keep, and remove any pages you no longer need.
5. Delete the document tour. Click the trash icon near the bottom of the left-side panel.
Step 2. Enter your submission to the contest.
1. Click on the Share icon in the top right corner of your Flashcards documents. Click “Manage Users.”
2. Turn link sharing on with permission set to viewers. Click the “Copy Link” button and “Confirm” to save your changes.
3. Go to our community thread and enter your submission by following the entry format included in the first post.
Remember, the deadline is May 26th.
Share your expertise
Please consider sharing your flashcards online in communities that would appreciate them, such as specific subreddits, LinkedIn or Facebook groups, Twitter, or anywhere you and your peers share tips and knowledge.
We would also like to share these flashcards widely, which is why we ask for your permission to share your flashcards in any of our social media, email and online channels. Whenever we share your deck, we’d be happy to give credit to you (we don’t have to if you don’t want to be credited.)
Let us know if we have your permission to share your flashcards in your contest submission, and how you would like to be named. Online usernames are okay, and if you want us to tag your social accounts, let us know!
How to win the Grandest Prize
On May 29th we’ll open a community poll. The top three decks will be chosen by community voters. Anyone can vote, not just contestants. Polling closes June 2nd.
Read our official contest rules for the fine print.